One week ahead
Confirm guests and dishes they’re bringing. Pot-luck all the way, people!
Cuddly lie-in with the Hubbs and doggies.
Kick rowdy doggies out for disturbing lie-in.
Clean the house
- tidy up
- clean bathroom
- wipe tables/dust
- make bedroom presentable for coats and bags. Because they have such high standards.
- Quarter celery, onion, carrots, out in roasting pan
- Cube bread
- Slice fennel
- Chop carrot, onion, sage
- Peel & chop apples
- Brown sausage
- Trim green beans
- Half and peel pearl onions
Make cranberry sauce & vanilla bean whipped cream
Do prep work dishes
Light lunch, with pre-game mimosa
- Take organic, free range, hormone free, just like the pilgrims enjoyed it, turkey out of fridge & put in roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 325°
Cook sausage, fennel, and carmalized apple stuffing components and combine, set aside
Bird goes into oven
3:30 – 4:00 pm
Put water on to boil for green beans
- Cover stuffing, pop into oven
- Cook balsamic glazed green beans with pearl onions
- Turkey out of oven, on cutting board to rest
- Turn oven to 400°
- Start gravy
Put beans into oven to warm
Stuffing out of oven, carve turkey
Sit down with family and enjoy a sumptuous feast with perfectly paired wine
Start food-coma recovery process
Take dogs for a walk to shake off the coma
Eat homemade pumpkin and pecan pies with eggnog, courtesy of my middle sister.
All guests go home, leaving hubbs and I to enjoy a nightcap and surreptitiously pick morsels of turkey out of the Tupperware.
Enjoy an early night, courtesy of tryptophan.
Do you have a perfect plan for Thanksgiving, or are ya just gonna wing it? Have people over, or just family? What’s your perfect Thanksgiving plan?