Around the time I turned 27, I came up with the idea of a “30 before 30” list. I know myself; if I don’t have deadlines I don’t get things done, so having a timeline as ambiguous as before I kick the bucket wasn’t going to cut it. So with a little under three years before I turned 30, I decided to dream big and get it done. Some things on my list are frivolous, some are things I’ve always wanted to do but put off for one reason or another, some require the cooperation of my husband, so he had power of approval on all of these. So here, in no particular order, is everything I want to get done before November 10th, 2013. I’ll cross them off and post updates as I go. I hope you’ll enjoy the journey with me!
Check out this post for an explanation of why I chose these 30 things to accomplish.
- Learn to make sushi.
- Teach myself guitar.
(Re) Take up yoga.
- Take a dance class with Aaron.
- Get back to a healthy BMI.
- Own a fabulous pair of boots.
Set a ridiculous challenge for myself that I’m currently not capable of and meet it.
- Finally get my wedding album and wedding pictures for the house.
- Dye my hair the unnatural shades I’ve always wanted.
Get a tattoo.
- Submit an article for publication in a magazine, online or otherwise.
- Spend a weekend lying on a towel on a Southern California beach.
- Get pregnant.
Adopt a second dog. Plant a container garden. Go to counseling.
- Make art for our living room.
- Go back to school.
- Own and ride a bike with a basket and a bell.
- Go on a wine tasting trip.
- Plan a vacation with my husband’s fun in mind first.
Work at a job I love, or make the leap to self-employment.
- Go to Disneyland while the Haunted Mansion is Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Redecorate our bedroom.
- Sew myself a dress.
- Read some of C.S. Lewis’s great works: The Chronicles of Narnia, Mere Christianity, The Problem of Pain, The Screwtape Letters (reread),The Great Divorce, The Four Loves.
- Finish reading House of Leaves.
- Go on a road trip.
- Encourage and support Aaron in all his goals, dreams, and aspirations.