Last Friday I was honored to be given the Versatile Blogger Award from Cara at This Little Light. And boy, am I honored! As a woman who self-professes to wear many hats, there can be no better compliment. Thank you so much Cara! You deserved to be named a Versatile Blogger, so thanks for passing on the love. (Spoiler alert! You’ll be seeing more from Cara on tomorrow’s How Tuesday. Stay tuned…)
Apparently there are rules if you get this award, which are as follows:
The Grand High Rules for the VB Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (Common courtesy, really.)
- Include a link to their blog. (Again with the courtesy.)
- Next, select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Oof, I can’t do 15. Way too many of the blogs I follow are delightfully single-focused. How about five? Ya’ll know I like the number five.)
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (I’m guessing this means contact them and tell them? Or something?)
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (That I can do. What do bloggers like more than writing about themselves?)
So here goes, seven things you might not already know about me:
- My all-time favorite television show is the classic Addams Family. I’ve had an affinity for the odd, the strange, and the macabre since I was a kid, which is why I’m still obsessed with Edward Gorey.
- When I was a sophomore in high school I went from a 32A to a 34D-DD in about five months. It wasn’t fun. (Cara shared a boob fact, I thought I might as well follow suit.)
- When I was a kid in SoCal I used to head up ladybug hunts in the tall grass in front of the abandoned drug house on our street. We thought it was great, like trekking through the jungle, and we’d fill up whole coffee cans with the red and black bugs.
- The most fun I ever had at a job was when the theater I worked at in SF was closed for 3.5 months over Christmas, and I got a job as a hot dog vendor in Union Square. Everyone thought I was crazy to love it, but I got to meet people from all over the world in the middle of the greatest city ever, and I got to wear a Santa hat to boot. And let me tell you, I worked that tip jar.
- Apparently I never learned to spell ‘versatile,’ because I’ve typed it about 50 times during this post and spell check keeps catching it. That’s one even I didn’t know! Versitle? Versitile? Hmm, will have to practice.
- I have four names. Because I didn’t take A’s name, I added it to the end of mine. It’s an important distinction.
- I was almost the lead singer for an all girl’s cover band called Inspect-Her Gadget, but as a broke college student living in SF I couldn’t afford the studio fees. Ah, the road not taken…
Here are the blogs (in ABC order, because that’s how I roll) that make me smile when a post pops up in my inbox that I feel deserve the Versatile Blogger Award:
Cakes, Tea and Dreams
Katie is my reading idol – I don’t know how this girl goes through so many books each month. She’s the queen of lists, the claimer of all things red, and is my go-to for good tea recommendations. I was lucky enough to become friends with her when she and her man lived inAbilene, and love keeping up with herBoston adventures. I feel like I could walk around that city, just for reading her blog.
Chatting at the Sky
I’ll admit that sometimes I avoid this blog, because Emily always seems to write in a way that cuts through the trivial, the petty, and the unnecessary, and hits me right in my gut with what it means to be God’s woman. I’ve never left her blog without feeling edified, comforted, or convicted.
New Dress a Day
I followed Marisa since about a month after she started her NDaD venture. Even though her blog is focused on remaking the old and fugly into something unique and wearable, she definitely deserves this award because of how many different ways she can pull a rabbit out of a hat and make truly awful clothing look couture.
Ready Go! Get Set
You might think this is just another mommy blog, but Adelle writes with passion about everything she loves, including (but not limited to) being a Boymom. From the tongue-in-cheek to the beautifully lyrical, this lady writes it all, and does it while wearing great shoes.
The only tumblr account I follow, this gal knows how to do glamour! She posts great photos of whatever catches her eye, and I love seeing her perspective of the world through her lens. If you ever need a personal style consultant, give her a call.
So that’s it! Thanks again to Cara and This Little Light for kicking this off. Now I want to know, who would you give a Versatile Blogger Award to?