Fair’s Fair…I Put A Bird On It

9 Feb

Yesterday I shared my love of a Portlandia sketch, mostly because I like to put birds on things and love the irony. So I thought it would only be fair to show you how many things I’ve put birds on in my house, and a few things I’d love to have with birds on them. Because I’m such a hipster.

click for larger

From top to bottom, left to right:

1. My mantel clock, bought for me by my mother.
2. Glass bird side table from Pier 1.
3. Bird au natural doormat, bought by my mother at (I think) Target.
4. Vintage cupcake stand, purchased from the yarn shop I used to manage.
5. Owl wallet, bought for me by my mom (she buys me a lot of bird stuff!) from Urban Outfitters 7 years ago. It’s lasted that long!
6. Flying birds wall decal, from Styley Walls on etsy.
7. Bird nest necklace, from ManoCalebrates on etsy.
8. Birds on a Wire painting, from The Dancing Brush on etsy.
9. Clear bird umbrella, from The Cross Decor & Design.
10. Owls of the British Isles Wallpaper, from Abigail Edwards.
(LOVE great wallpaper, and totally regret that my walls are textured so I can’t use any.)
11. Henrietta the Bird ornament, from amyperch on etsy.
12. Birdie teapot, from A Spot of Paint.
13. Bird on a Branch necklace, from hartley studio on etsy.
14. Red Cardinal on Agapanthus Rectangle Pillow, from joom on etsy.
15. Bird Cage Pillows, from Movi Modern Vintage Home.
16. Russian Bird Pillow, from The SoHo.
(I feel like I could make this…hmmm, will have to try one day…)
17. Bird nursery decor, from All Things Thrifty.
(This is SOOOOO my style nursery, for when we’re at a life-stage to start thinking of such things.)
18. Birds on a Wire Photo Clips, from fredflaire.com.
(For the office supply geek in you.)

What about you? Do you like to put birds on things? Seen any good bird decor lately?

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Fair’s Fair…I Put A Bird On It”

1. Elaine (@BanieMcBane) February 9, 2012 at 8:28 am #

Love birds and bird things 🙂 My bedroom is all bird themed… and my cat has noticed how much I like birds and has been kind enough to bring me a few >> Fujiko… adding to the decor with (mostly) dead birds ><; Also still seriously considering putting a bird on myself. :}

• Christy A. February 9, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Put! A! Bird! On! It!

Yes, I know about or shared bird love…love how they influence your art. Keep working your way up that evolutionary line!

2. Cara Olsen February 9, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Ah! Birds are ridiculously fun, aren’t they?! I thought I loved birds. But, no; not as much as you. LOL. Oh, but the owl clutch . . . Yeah, Just so you know, I already had my sneakers and sunglasses on, and was heading for the door when I slowed down enough to read
    “. . . purchased 7 years ago. . . ” I am crying a little, because that purse is, how did you put it? Uh-dorable!!! Oh, and that pillow — I want it. 🙂

• Christy A. February 9, 2012 at 10:06 am #

I seriously can’t believe it’s lasted this long, and it’s leather so as long as the mechanism holds it’ll just get better with time. It didn’t occur to me that my mom bought it for me for my 21 st birthday until I started counting back and I was like DANG! I’m sure wet can find a suitable one for you. 🙂

3. Monica February 10, 2012 at 10:23 am #

Wow. never really thought about you liking birds! Cute Chris. Didn’t know I was feuling an obsession. (too strong word I realize, but can’t think of another at the moment.) I so want the birdy pillow.

• Christy A. February 10, 2012 at 10:28 am #

Why hello, Mother! It’s funny, I only realized that half of my bird stuff came from you after I started counting. And you know…your birthday is coming up…which one did you like? (There were three)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. In Honor of My Sister: An Elephant Never…Huh? « Bigger in Real Life - July 12, 2012

[…] I’ve been thinking a lot about my sister these days. The littlest one, The Child, the one getting married. The Child really likes elephants. Not in an “I’m obsessed with elephants and want to have every elephant thing in existence ever,” kind of way, but in an, “I have a loving respect for elephants, and enjoy receiving the occasional well-thought out elephant gift.” Sort of like me with birds. […]